Date:      Sun, 30 Oct 2016 00:22:20 -0200
From:      Marcel Bonnet <marcelbonnet@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using INSTALL_DATA to install header files to PREFIX/include/PORTNAME

On 28 October 2016 at 18:14, Marcel Bonnet <marcelbonnet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, porters!
>
> I've been reading the Porters Handbook, even the bsd.*.mk files... but
> I'm wondering: why the waf installer put all the installation files
> into STAGEDIR but the port system do not copy them all, just some of
> them to the PREFIX.
>
> Below the Makefile and pkg-plist.
>
> If do not type
> ${INSTALL_DATA} ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/include/sord-0/sord/sord.h
> ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/include/sord-0/sord/
> them the this header is not copied to PREFIX. But the other files are
> installed normally .
>
> So, I don't understand why I have to say ${INSTALL_DATA} the file from
> and to its current directory. Am I'm doing something really wrong, but
> perhaps produced the desired effect? Now its working like a charm.

My bad. I made something stupid, I was porting in PARANOID mode.

The fact is:

do-install:
(cd ${WRKSRC} && ${WAF_CMD} install)

puts all the files into stage dir correctly . And they are packaged
and installed. I think the date of some source shared files (3 years
old) made me think they were not being installed. It is ok, just two
days to discover I was doing things right .

--
Marcel Bonnet
github.com/marcelbonnet/