Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2016 02:00:28 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Porting a Go implementation: dealing with dependencies

Am 18.11.2016 um 17:59 schrieb Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> On 11/18/2016 10:35, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>> I=E2=80=99m trying to create a port for Gitea
>> (https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea). The basics seem easy enough, but
>> I=E2=80=99m not sure how to deal with it=E2=80=99s dependencies.
>=20
> Use the GH_* macros to fetch them. See:
>=20
> =
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.h=
tml#makefile-master_sites-github-description
>=20
> Or if the upstream vendors their deps like many do these days you can
> use the GH_SUBDIR macro to put them in the proper place.
>=20
> There are examples to look at if that helps, see sysutils/consul as =
one
> that has vendored deps or sysutils/serf for one that doesn=E2=80=99t.

Thanks, it appears that the upstream has properly vendored the modules, =
and I don=E2=80=99t need to so anything, if I check out the latest =
commit ref instead of the latest tag.

Thanks,
Stefan

--=20