Date:      Sat, 21 May 2016 20:42:08 -0400
From:      "J. Altman" <freebsd@chthonixia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding Sigil: bug, request for an added port, or something else?

Greetings, listmembers...

I need to know what might be the best way to proceed for the following:

When starting Sigil (a port with no maintainer) the following two errors
occur:

Embedded Python Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/share/sigil/python3lib/xmlprocessor.py", line 6, in <module>
from sigil_bs4.builder._lxml import LXMLTreeBuilderForXML
File "/usr/local/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/sigil_bs4/builder/_lxml.py",
line 26, in <module> from lxml import etree

ImportError: No module named 'lxml'

error in xmlprocessor repairXML: -2:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/sigil/python3lib/xmlprocessor.py", line 6,
in <module> from sigil_bs4.builder._lxml import LXMLTreeBuilderForXML

File "/usr/local/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/sigil_bs4/builder/_lxml.py",
line 26, in <module> from lxml import etree

ImportError: No module named 'lxml'

Then Sigil starts; a core is (sometimes) dumped. And not just any
old core, it seems:

du -ch sigil.core
1.1G	sigil.core
1.1G	total

When I asked at Mobile Read forums, for Sigil support, it seems that
Sigil needs lxml for Python 3; where the lxml in the ports tree is
py27-lxml-3.5.0.

Would this be considered a bug, or a ports request? It seems that it's
a ports request, at this point. I assume that such a request goes to
ports@, or to the maintainer of py27-lxml-3.5.0?

OTOH, I have no idea if lxml for Python 3 is the solution.

Thanks for any assitance, and best regards,

Joe