Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:46:43 +0100
From:      francesco scaglione <francesco.scaglione@sfr.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pkg problem after upgrading from 9.3 to 10.3

After the upgrade (done following with care the Handbook) I get this
error:

# pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:10:amd64/latest/meta.txz: No
address record
repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:10:amd64/latest/packagesite.txz: No
address record
Unable to update repository FreeBSD

These are my two FreeBSD.conf (I guess only the second one is used):

# cat pkg/FreeBSD.conf
# $FreeBSD: releng/10.3/etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf 296373 2016-03-04
01:27:38Z marius $
#
# To disable this repository, instead of modifying or removing this
file,
# create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file:
#
#   mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
#   echo "FreeBSD: { enabled: no }"
> /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
#

FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  signature_type: "fingerprints",
  fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
  enabled: yes
}
---
# cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  enabled: yes
}
---

I've read that on 10.3 the "Quarterly" repo is the default, isn't?
Should I delete the /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf file and try
again?

Thank you very much for your help,
Francesco