Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:36:46 -0700
From:      Scott Lamons <scott@freebsdfoundation.org>
To:        Scott Cooper <scott.cooper@adestra.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HP ProLiant Gen10 & HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR

Here's an update with some information provided by HPE...

The gen10 smartarray is "entirely different"

> In the Linux world the new driver is called "smartpqi" (no longer hpssa).
> The adapter initializes in an "adaptec" mode and
> can be driving in limp mode with old/existing aacraid drivers.   Ideally,
> the smartpqi native driver should be ported/developed.
>
> MicroSemi is in charge of hardware and drivers on this now -- would you
> like me to get you some contact info?

Link of interest (freebsd):  https://storage.microsemi.com/
en-us/support/raid/sas_raid/asr-3154-24i/

I was told that Microsemi was targeting FreeBSD 12 for porting this driver
however from the link above it looks like it's available for FreeBSD 10 and
11?

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Scott Lamons <scott@freebsdfoundation.org=