Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:22:18 -0200
From:      Breno Leitao <brenohl@br.ibm.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD bootloader

Hi,

I am booting a new kernel, and I am getting the following problem:

  Loader variables:

  Manual root filesystem specification:
    <fstype>:<device> [options]
        Mount <device> using filesystem <fstype>
        and with the specified (optional) option list.

      eg. ufs:/dev/da0s1a
          zfs:tank
          cd9660:/dev/cd0 ro
            (which is equivalent to: mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0 /)

    ?               List valid disk boot devices
    .               Yield 1 second (for background tasks)
    <empty line>    Abort manual input

Looking at the UPDATING file (commit #095d277cd8b), it says that I need to
update the loader, since the protocol changed.

I was able to build a new loader and install it inside /boot/loader, but
it seems that my loader is not running on the machine boot.

Is there a procedure I should use in order load this loader in the
machine boot?