Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2018 01:20:50 -0300
From:      carlos antonio neira bustos <cneirabustos@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vm statistics per jail

Hello, Hackers,

 I have added mib member vm.vmtotal to be part of a prison with the intent
that each jail could report the correct memory usage using their vm
counters.
Unfortunately for me, I found that t_free depends on the global vmmeter
counters, so I'm trying to add those as well to the prison struct, that
will make consumers of those counters to report the correct information
inside a jail.
 The problem so far trying to add vmeter is when I'm trying to determine to
which jail a vm_page_t belongs to using vm_pages_t's object cred struct I'm
getting a kernel panic due to a page fault.
I have modified  vm_phys_freecnt_adj(vm_page_t m, int adj) from
/usr/src/sys/vm/vm_phys.h  to increment the vmeter.v_free_count  on the
cr_prison that's belongs to vm_page_t.
The panic does not produce a dump, so I'm unable to debug the fault.
My rc.conf contains dumpdev="AUTO" so I think it should produce a dump or
could it be that the panic happens to early?
Is it possible to obtain to which cr_prison a vm_page_t  belongs to ?.

Bests