Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:12:16 +0000 (UTC)
From:      andrew klassen <aptklassen@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem booting 10.4 Lenovo SR630 in Legacy Mode

I didn't see anything like this in the mailing list so sorry if this is a d=
uplicate.=C2=A0
I have a Lenovo SR630 system and I am trying to install a custom 10.4 based=
load from DVD which is currently only available in legacy boot mode.=C2=A0I=
 downloaded and burned the official FreeBSD 10.4 dvd1 and 10.4 uefi dvd1 lo=
adsto ensure it wasn't an issue with the custom load.
I can boot the system with official uefi 10.4 iso and get in the shell. See=
ms to work fine.=C2=A0
I change the boot mode to legacy and try to boot using the official 10.4 dv=
d=C2=A0and it gets stuck just like the custom load. The boot makes it past =
the count=C2=A0down of the splash screen and the /boot/kernel/kernel text/d=
ata/syms messages.
But then hangs shortly after "Booting..." is displayed. The spin line only=
=C2=A0moves a few times before hanging. I let it sit for a long time but th=
e dvd drive=C2=A0does not light after this happens and the spin line remain=
s frozen.
The system is using the on-board video card. There is no external video car=
d.I tried the rear and front vga display ports but there is no difference.=
=C2=A0
I looked at the system event logs from the configuration utility but there =
is nothingnote worthy.=C2=A0
Before giving up, I am hoping there is some BIOS setting I can modify.=C2=
=A0
Thanks for any help.=C2=A0