Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:57:24 +0100
From:      Mark Raynsford <list+org.freebsd.net@io7m.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 Supported?

--Sig_/_gVYIVUe1WTtGIismYn_X5=

Hello.

I'm looking to replace a rather cheap and awful wifi access point with
something that isn't cheap and awful. I have a machine running FreeBSD
that does routing for the network here, so I thought the best thing to
do would be to put a decent PCI wifi interface card in it.

Does anyone have any experience with the ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 cards?
They look to me to be the most high-end of the consumer grade hardware
before you start getting into the apparently enterprise-class Intel
stuff that almost quadruples the price in most cases.

This is the card I'm referring to:

  https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PCE-AC68-Generation-Wireless-AC1900-High-Po=
wer/dp/B01EX7KNUM/

I've looked in the supported hardware list for 11.1, and I don't see
this listed. However, I don't know what the chipset is, so I may be
looking right at it and not seeing it.

--=20
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

--Sig_/_gVYIVUe1WTtGIismYn_X5=