Date:      Sun, 13 May 2018 12:03:51 +0800
From:      thor <thor@irk.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swapfile question

Partition is faster because it does not depend on all the file
processor. But:

1) I had a setup where the swap was a md vnode on a geli partition. And
it has some troubles, I didn't investigate why. The main trouble was a
panic immediately after disk sync on shutdown. So in the future I am
going to use a separate geli partition for swap.

2) Use of lots of RAM without swap is even faster. But there are some
programs (notably compile libre office) that need lots of ram/swap per core.