Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2018 10:11:45 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <phascolarctos@protonmail.ch>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Media (img or iso) not working to install FreeBSD 11.2 in a old PC

> Which file I use?
> My PC use BIOS (it is realy old), so I can not use UEFI media
> I am trying to install with an usb, like I had done in the previus releas=
es (10.X and before)
> I belive that all files to install the release 11.X=C2=A0 are UEFI media,=
 (made GPT partitions and a /efi subdirectory)
> Since the handbook says "Additional installation files are included for c=
omputers that boot with UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface). The n=
ames of these files include the string uefi."
> None of the files in https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/i386/i386/=
ISO-IMAGES/11.2/ had uefi in it's name
> I only find files with uefi in it's name in release 10.4 for amd64

I had some troubles too when I installed FreeBSD from USB,
although I had not the same problems.

I solved by installing an earlier version then updating it:
maybe it could work for you too.

Lorenzo Salvadore.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4QnwhrRpgNf22Mn1qKGggSEJLB2bJLlD_QUuYZxBSPM0gZ82gKbT2Mg-_k5KyJ3lNIzLqSbKIf68xJIzSP1nfmxh9AknLZOBrBUe4sTDFB0=>