Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:27:33 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   syslogd became silent between 11.2-PRERELEASE r334874 and r335282

Hi,

I am running service jails (VNET/bridge/epair) and a host at =
11.2-PRERELEASE r335282, upgraded from r334874 today.

All syslog messages at each jail become forwarded to syslogd running at =
the host. This setup worked for years. Today not a single syslog message =
becomes forwarded to the host's syslogd.

Host's syslogd can be reached from inside every jail, e.g.:

	jtest> nc -4vuw 1 10.x.y.z 514=20
	Connection to 10.x.y.z 514 port [udp/syslog] succeeded!

logger doesn't throw any error. No message will be forwarded to the =
host's syslogd either:

	jtest> logger -4 10.x.y.z HELLO
	jtest>

I cannot find any hint in src/UPDATING.=20

What did I miss?
Anyone else with a silenced syslogd?
Anyone running my setup with a noisy syslogd?

Thank you in advance and regards,
Michael