Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:08:35 +0530
From:      Pratyush Yadav <pratyush@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Cc:        Edward Napierala <trasz@freebsd.org>, Akshay Jaggi <jaggi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Week 10] Import the Xen grant-table bus_dma(9) handlers from OpenBSD

Hi,

This last week I spent in tracking the fixing the bug that was causing
the read/writes operations to sometimes fail. It was because of an
incorrect  memory address passed to memcpy(). Check the fix here [0].

After that, I spent more time testing the blkfront driver under
various conditions like simultaneous I/O to multiple disks, running
with low memory, copying a file multiple times and making sure the
file is the same at every stage. There is one more area I would like
to test: working under a scarcity of grant references. I am in the
process of figuring out how to produce a scarcity of grant references.

My college starts today. I will not have as much time on my hands from
now onward, but I'll still try my best to complete as much work as I
can before the official GSoC deadline. Of course, if any work is left
after that, I will see it to the end.

You can check the code here [1].

I maintain a blog on Blogger where I publish my progress every few
days. Check it out if you want more details on what I'm doing [2].

[0] https://github.com/prati0100/freebsd/commit/d522b994ad27c6edfa77fce8fdfbe2277132db25
[1] https://github.com/prati0100/freebsd/tree/busdma_xen_clean
[2] https://pratyushgsoc.blogspot.com/

--