Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2019 20:43:31 -0800
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jail resource limits?

Hi all,

I've been playing with limiting FreeBSD jail resources with both cpuset and
rctl and I wondered if anyone knew of a way to tell from inside the jail
what these limits are?

E.g. let's say I use cpuset to limit a jail to CPU0 and rctl to limit a jail
to only using up to 4G of memory.  Can I then tell from a process running
inside the jail that these limits are in place?  I tried dumping out
sysctl -a and couldn't see anything that seemed to match up with the limits
I put in place.  I haven't yet tried writing some code to call cpuset(2)
to see if that works.

The reason I'm asking is that some software may make decisions based on the
resources available and I'd like to have a way to accurately determine
those resource limits for jailed processes.

Any pointers appreciated.

-- Greg