Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2019 15:52:21 -0400
From:      <kris@ixsystems.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CFT: FreeBSD Package Base

FreeBSD Community,

I'm pleased to announce a CFT for builds of FreeBSD 12-stable and 13-current
using "TrueOS-inspired" packaged base. These are stock FreeBSD images which
will allow users to perform all updating via the 'pkg' command directly.
Rather than trying to answer all questions in this announcement, we've
created a FAQ page with more details. Please refer to this page, and let us
know if you have additional questions that we can include on that page going
forward.

Additionally, I will be hosting a Package Base working group at BSDCan 2019,
and welcome user and developer attendance to discuss this and other ongoing
package work:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/DevSummit/201905/PackageBase

https://trueos.github.io/pkgbase-docs/

Download Links

FreeBSD 12-STABLE:

https://pkg.trueos.org/iso/freebsd12-pkgbase/

FreeBSD 13-CURRENT:

https://pkg.trueos.org/iso/freebsd-pkgbase/

--

Kris Moore

Vice President of Engineering

iXsystems, Inc

Ph: (408) 943-4100

Ph: (408) 943-4101

The Groundbreaking TrueNAS M-Series -

Enterprise Storage & Servers Driven By Open Source