Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2021 08:47:09 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: arm64 FreeBSD13-RC3 /home vs, /usr/home

On 26 Mar 2021, at 20:28, wa5qjh <wa5qjh@xmission.com> wrote:
>  and as a user in the boonies with mostly bad internet, may I request =
that in package scripts, larger items like llvm10 be fetched very early =
on instead of nearly last, please!
> If llvm fails to fetch, all that was fetched previously is wasted when =
you make the attempt again.=20

Unless you are deleting the downloaded packages, they should not be =
fetched again (for example, portmaster -d will do this) unless there is =
a new version since you last tried.

If your build processes is downloading every package over each time you =
try to build, then something is wrong with you build process. Check what =
commands you are using and double check for any aliases that might be =
mucking things up, or simply specify the path to your child tools to =
ovoid any misunderstanding.

--=20
No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got
	there first, and is waiting for it.