Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 2021 04:02:18 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   resolvconf

The man page for resolvecong says there should be a configuration file =
at

/etc/resolvconf.conf

But this file foes not exist, and it does not exist in /usr/local/ =
either.

Right now, resolvconf is adding a DNS server that I do not want to =
/etc/resolve.conf and I want to figure out how to prevent this. I =
wouldn't mind figuring out what is adding it too, as the IP address does =
not appear in any file under /etc/ or /usr/local/etc/

If I create  /etc/resolvconf.conf:

resolvconf NO
name_servers 127.0.0.1 x.x.x.x y.y.y.y z.z.z.z

Would that stop whatever it is that is adding the unwanted server from =
adding it and only use the servers I specify?

When was resolveconf tasked with overwriting the resolver.conf file? Was =
this part of moving to FreeBSD 12?

--=20
I have seen galaxies die. I have watched atoms dance. But until I had
	the dark behind the eyes, I didn't know the death from the =
dance.