Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:00:06 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Serious issues with kqueue on sockets on CURRENT.

* De: Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> [ Data: 2003-01-10 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: Serious issues with kqueue on sockets on CURRENT. ]
> In case anybody wants to play, I seem to recall some changes in uipc_socket.c
> that caused some problems (totally hosed the resolver) a while back:
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.134
> date: 2002/11/01 21:27:59;  author: kbyanc;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
> Track the number of non-data chararacters stored in socket buffers so that
> the data value returned by kevent()'s EVFILT_READ filter on non-TCP
> sockets accurately reflects the amount of data that can be read from the
> sockets by applications.
>
> PR:             30634
> Reviewed by:    -net, -arch
> Sponsored by:   NTT Multimedia Communications Labs
> MFC after:      2 weeks
>
> Is this related?

I think so, but I think the latter bandaids the brokenness of the former,
to let non-existant 0-byte things occur.  People say this should maybe only
happen once, but I let my code just return in that case, and send a message
to the console.  Wasn't pretty, for one connection.

How do we read the 0-byte datagram, after all?

Thanx,
juli.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>