Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:10:45 +1000
From:      bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does freeBSD2.7 support ISDN?

Hi Brian,

I am a lazy typist...   FreeBSD
I have a question. Apparently an isdn router can switch on demand 64 k to 128k. (some or all I don't know)
I am now aware that ppp.conf can be configured to AT commands
for 64 or 128....My question is, can FreeBSD switch on demand as
well? Is there a script to write or does iijPPP somehow support
this?
Any Ideas ?

> ISDN TAs generally hook up via a serial port and the standard IBM PC
> compatible serial ports only go to 115200 baud which only allows you
> to get about 90Kbits/second over a 2B channel ISDN call.
THis is good news
> However, there are serial ports based on the 16650, or Hayes ESP
> which can go much faster 230400, 460800 and allow you to fully
> utilize the 2B channel data capacity.
Someone mentioned these ...synchronous serial port

Thanks
Keith