Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:13:14 -0500
From:      Anthony Fox <adf5j@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: two ethernets, nat, firewall

Well, I got it working.

> That shouldn't be a problem because he said they are PCI cards which can
> share IRQs.  I assume that the "link" light is on?

This is the case.  The two cards share IRQs just fine.  One of the PCI slots
on the motherboard is not working.  I switched the cards around and finally
found a combination that worked.

> Yes, that is a good idea.  But I believe his problem is with routing.  The
> default route is probably set to the modem.  There needs to be an
> additional static route to the internal network.
>
> Try adding the following to /etc/rc.conf (after defaultrouter):
>
> static_routes="homenet"
> route_homenet="192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.1 -interface"
>
> ...and then see if you can "see other machines".  Make sure your routing
> table is correct (netstat -rn).

I didn't do any of this as the local route was set up automatically.

Now I need to set up the firewall.

Thanks for all the help.

Anthony