Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:46:59 -0500
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@home.com>
To:        Sandip Srivastava <ssriva1@alumni.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need font fix for Rage 128

My Xpert 128 is on a linux box, I had the same problem.  I snagged the SuSE
xsvga.rpm for the 6.3 SuSE and that server did the trick.

If you get a patch to a server, you basically apply the patch to the server
source and compile the server again.  With FreeBSD I suspect this would be
fairly simple, I never did any manual compiles of XFree on the FreeBSD box,
but under linux it is a tedious chore. Just a guess, but couldn't you apply
the patch after a cvsup then just make world?  Maybe just make under the
server toplevel would do it...worth a shot.

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 04:28:15PM -0500, Sandip Srivastava wrote:
> I have an ATI Xpert 128 with the Rage 128 chipset. This card is AGP with
> 16MB RAM. I'm running FreeBSD 3.3 with XFree86 3.3.6. The server to use
> for this card is the XF86_SVGA. The problem is that the server has a bug
> in it. The fonts come out looking like UPC barcodes when it's run in
> accelarted mode. XFree86 has a fix for this problem for the Rage 128. My
> question is how do I apply this fix to my X server. If somebody has
> already done this, then please show me how. Or if someone already has a
> precompiled server with the fix included.
>
> -Sandip

---end quoted text---