Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 04:01:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Lim Wee Guan <weeguan@hem.passagen.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scilab

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Lim Wee Guan wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I had the same problem until I tried searching for the file
> scilab-2.4.1-src.tar.gz on http://ftpsearch.lycos.com and found it on
> some linux mirror site.

	Great idea!  NetBSD's ftp repository ended up having it so I
grabbed that.  I had never thought of that because I didn't want
to pull the file from some random spot, but if the checksum was fine
(which it was) and it was from a reasonably trusted source, that gives me
as much assurance as installing any other port I guess.  It also installed
fine.  I guess I have to send back their little form before I can use it?
Thank you very much for the tip,

						Tim

> Passed checksum and compiled like a charm...
>
> This works in a pinch.  ;-)

	Yeah, I guess there wasn't anything in 2.5 that I needed, so 2.4.1
is fine.  I just wanted to be able to use something similiar to Matlab.