Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 20:47:13 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vallo Kallaste <root@myhakas.matti.ee>
To:        jro <unitec6@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID support

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, jro wrote:

> The documention does not mention anything about RAID support.  I would
> like to load
> BSD onto our IBM 330 server using RAID level 1.  The controller is from
> IBM.  Could
> you please let me know if there is driver support for this; and if so,
> where I could download it from.

***

As far as I know there are no support for IBM ServeRAID adapters. Solaris
2.6 does that job but don't have any utilities for monitoring arrays etc.
Online building is supported in hardware without any intervention by user,
I have tried that. BTW, SCO seems to have full set of nice tools, but I
have never used any SCO box so I can't tell how these works.

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee