Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:18:22 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Mark Pearce <mark@netchat.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tape backup using a OnStream SC-30

On 6/4/2003 12:47 PM, Mark Pearce wrote:
> Hi Jens

Hi Mark,

> Thanks for your reply.  Do you have any idea what tape drives are best
> for the FreeBSD platform as I have no intention to changing my clients
> server to Linux.  I know there are almost none listed on the hardware
> lists.

At first: Please ever send at least a carbon copy to the list you've
asked first. This have 2 reasons:
1) The list is archived and any later similar question could easily
   be answered by searching the archives.
2) The replyer may not be able to help you further than (s)he already
   did.

Second: Sorry, I don't know. Nearly every big manufacturer should do.
The new onstream streamer, for example, do. But I'm disappointed by
onstream, so if I were you, I would use another manufacturer, eg. IBM,
HP, ...
Searching the archives or ask google may help.

> Thanks
>
> Mark

Regards,
Jens