Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:18:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ip-aliasing and X, a fix! sortof...

Hello everybody;

	I have found that it is possible to toss up displays on my fake
network from outside  clients using ijppp+Aliasing-1.9 and dxpc-3.4.0.

	The dxpc compression utility evidently turns X-packets into
standard ip type packets ( i guess ) and then ships them out. This allows
them to be shipped via the aliasing feature. So all one needs to do is
start the two dxpc processes on each end.

	Then it all sort of just works...

result? a xload initiated on 128.95.120.1 shows up on 10.0.0.1! yippee!

just thought somebody might want to know.....

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life