Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 23:32:25 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "Advocacy List" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and KDE

Although I have followed FreeBSD for a couple of years I had not
found the right desktop set of tools, to make it my primary OS.

Last night I installed KDE and I think that this is something which
not only may work for me, but that fits very well with what many new
users would feel confortable with.

I think it may be a good idea to present KDE as a good starting
environment for new users. Anyone who is experience or is used to
other window managers can remain using whatever they want, but for a
new user the integration in KDE simplifies a lot of things.

Comments/thoughts?

I think after getting KDE the only other thing I need to be able make
FreeBSD my primary OS is an office type of application. With any luck
the upcoming Applixware suite will fill this void.  And of course
eventually KDE Office may also do the trick.