Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 1995 15:16:41 EDT
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Motif 2.0

> >     Does anyone know from whom you can buy Motif 2.0 libs and includes built
> > against R6 for FreeBSD?  Thanks...
>
> I don't know if you can get Motif 2.0 built against R6, period.  As far
> as I know, it still requires R5.

I'd say what you really want is CDE-Motif -- that's what everyone else
is going. Unfortunately you have to be a CDE licensee to get CDE-Motif.

Motif 1.2.x, CDE-Motif, and Motif 2.0 all "require" X11R5. That's just
OSF's polite way of saying "you pay your money, you take your chances"
if you use X11R6. I can't say outright that Motif works fine with X11R6
:-) but if you have the source I can suggest that you try building it,
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for where to buy pre-built libraries, I haven't got a clue, I always
build from source.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY