Date:      10 Jul 2002 19:14:15 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List of ports that can be compiled with compaq-cc

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 01:20, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

[..]
> I have previously built the Ogg Vorbis collection (libao, libogg,
> libvorbis, vorbis-tools) with ccc, and this gave substantial speed
> gains for encoding audio tracks.  I forgot the numbers, but basically
> my PC164-500 went from quite a bit worse than real time to quite a
> bit better than real time.
[...]

How did you do that? When I try to build libogg with ccc it doesn' build
the shared libraries.... and the configure script says so..

checking for ccc option to produce PIC... none
checking if ccc static flag  works... yes
checking if ccc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if ccc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd4.6 ld.so
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
creating libtool

Regards,

Jan