Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:12:37 -0500
From:      "KRTEN, Robert" <Robert.Krten@mdsinc.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>, <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bktr driver, unknown Hauppauge tuner 0x79 -- fix enclosed

Hi folks,

I found an unsupported tuner, Hauppauge 0x79, and hacked a quick fix =
into bktr_tuner.c,
and I'm hoping someone can "officially" add it to the release.

The 0x79 tuner is a TDA6503ATS chip, and it looks like the "band-switch
values" need to be set to 1,2,8 (instead of, say, 0xa0, 0x90, 0x30 for =
the
Philips NTSC entry).  This is for the "WinTV GO Plus" card available in =
Canada;
with this hack, it works, but I'm not yet 100% certain that these are =
the=20
"absolutely positively correct values", because they are tied to the =
four ports
(what I'm saying is, I'm not 100% sure that "8" is the right value, it =
may
actually need to be 12, but I don't know what all the bits do).

Please reply to rk@parse.com; I'm using my work account because I'm an =
inept
sendmail admin and can't get the HELO to say "parse.com" instead of =
"amd64.ott.parse.com"
which @freebsd.org rejects as an invalid domain.  Sigh :-)

Cheers,
-RK

Robert Krten, Antique Computer Collector at =
www.parse.com/~museum/index.html

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or =
confidential information and may be read or used only by the intended =
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of =
its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in =
error and any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing or =
copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited.  If =
you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and =
all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the =
sender at the number listed.