Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:18:38 -0800
From:      Jose Amengual M <pepe@rdc.cl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.1 amb64 boot problem after makeworld

Hi Guys.

I have a estrange problem with a new install of 7.1 amd64.

I install the system without problems, then I cvsup to update it, then
make buildworld and all the jazz.

I copy the GENERIC kernel and I didn't add any new option, just
changed the ident to JAILS.

I did the complete make installworld and installkernel and after the
reboot I got this error :

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
(blablabla)
(blablabla)
Can't work out witch disk we are booting from.
Guessed Bios Device 0xConsoles; internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive A: is disk0
BIOS drive C: is disk1
BIOS drive D: is disk2
BIOS 639kB/3668480kb available memory

and the message repeat again and again until reboots and then does the
same cycle again.

My make.conf file is :

MAKEOPTS=-j3
CPUTYPE?=core2
CFLAGS=-O3 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -funroll-loops
COPTFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math

I have a Intel Quad core processor , 8 gigs of ram , asus p5k premium,
nothing special.

any ideas ?

Thanks.