Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 08:44:51 -0500
From:      "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@myrealbox.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Restoring my FreeBSD[MBR]

Hello all. I know that this will be a simple thing I'm missing but here it
goes.
I have FreeBSD and XP installed in my laptop, for some reasons my XP crash
so I
reinstall it, and as expected the MBR was overwritten by XP. I want to
recover
my FreeBSD installation, I'm using the installation CD, enter in
post-install
options and set the BSD partition as bootable, install the FreeBSD boot
manager,
and configure mount points. Now I exit the install and reboot. The computer
behaves
the same way as before, when I boot again with the installation CD, There
are no
changes in the partition or in the mount points. I guess I'm missing
something, I
really appreciate your help.
I have FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.

thanks in advance