Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:13:16 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Florian Znottka <znotti@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi FreeBSD-Team!

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 04:07:27PM +0000, Florian Znottka wrote:
> I've got a question about your Team:
>
> Please can you tell me, which of your Projects is for Linux-User the
> best:
>
> FreeBSD
> OpenBSD
> NetBSD

It depends on what the meaning of 'best' is for you.  If you want to
run it on an x86 machine, then FreeBSD is, in my humble opinion, the
way to go.  If you're overly concerned about security (read 'paranoid'
where I write concerned), then OpenBSD is probably a good idea.  If, on
the other hand, you wish to run BSD on many many different machines and
architectures, then use NetBSD.

> and which is the difference between this 3 very good Product.

You can not be truly objective and characterize any of the three as a
`good' product, not until you've used the one you're talking about.
However, it certainly makes all us BSD'ers happy to know that, in the
Linux camp, BSD means quality.

Just pick the BSD of your choice and...
Welcome aboard :-)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]