Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:50:31 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: matcd on an SB16

> Is the matcd driver known to work on FreeBSD 3.2 ?  If not, does anyone
> have any estimate of the amount of effort that'd be required to fix it?

It "works" for some definitions of "work".  Firstly, there are three
different CDROM interfaces that can be hung off an SB16; one is the
Matsushita drive, there's also a Mutsumi interface (I don't think we
support it) and a Sony interface (also, I believe, unsupported).

Presuming the drive is a real Matsushita, and it's one of the few
listed in the matcd manpage, you should be able to get it to work by
following the manpage carefully.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org