Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 05:18:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dial-on-demand PPP

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 	Just started playing with the PPP implementation that is in
> 2.0.5R, and got it most of the way towards being able to use 'ppp -auto'
> to do dial-on-demand, but seem to have hit a snag.
>
> 	Now, I've sent up the appropriate entry, as per the man
> page, and the example files, in /etc/ppp.conf:
>
> [script deleted]
>
> Now, all this looks right, I think, according to said documents, but
> when I try to ping out to start the connection, I get a No Route to
> host error, and it doesn't try to dial out.

I have things set up EXACTLY THE SAME as you (well, except for PPP dialin
phone number, login authentication, IP numbers, et al...) and I am having
the same exact problem you are.

> So...I'm assuming I'm missing something in my iij-demand entry.
>
> Anyone out there have this working, that can send me a copy of their
> /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file, or can explain what it looks like I'm missing?

If you (or anyone else) has the answer, please post it to the mailing
list or email, It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 // FAX 564-2315 // WWW http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~dburr
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **