Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:59:48 +0100
From:      Olivier Cortes <olive@deep-ocean.org>
To:        Mike D <d01f1n@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd ignores "natd_flags"?

Hi,

[I think this question should be redirected to -questions or -net, but
anyway...]

do you have IPFIREWALL in your kernel ? is is configured "default to
deny" ? This is typically what is bugginig me when natd fails to write a
packet : a nasty firewall rule...

man ipfw & read the handbook, section networking (correct me if i'm
wrong).

Olivier

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:49:37AM +0000, Mike D wrote:
> I have in my rc.conf:
>
> natd_enable="YES"
> natd_interface="xl1"
> natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"
>
> and in /etc/natd.conf:
>
> interface xl1
> dynamic yes
> use_sockets yes
> same_ports yes
> log_denied yes
>
> however, since I am still seeing the "host4 natd[198]: failed to write packet
> back (Permission denied)" messages, I'm guessing "log_denied" is not being
> picked up.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Olivier Cortes