Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 07:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Jeffery Bond <bond1j@nectech.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting SB16 PNP to work

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Jeffery Bond wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I having some trouble getting my SB16 PNP to work with 2.2.7-RELEASE. (A
> new one for you !). I've added the following lines to the kernel config
> and recompiled it without problem:
>
> controller      pnp0
> device pcm0 at isa? port ? irq ? drq ? vector pcmintr
>
> Now I get the following on bootup (from dmesg):
>
> Probing for PnP devices:
> CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL0070 [0x70008c0e] Serial 0xffffffff
> This is a SB16 PnP, but LDN 0 is disabled
>
> What is LDN 0, and how do I enable it?

LDN=Logical Device NUmber
CSN=Card Select Number

>From the pnp manpage (man pnp):

 By booting the kernel with the "-c" flag, commands are available to modi-
 fy the configuration of PnP cards. Commands start with the sequence: pnp
 CSN LDN where CSN and LDN are the Card Select Number and Logical Device
 Number associated to the device. Following this sequence any  combination
 of the following commands can be used:

there you got the commands... check the manpage...

> What else do I need to do to make it work (eg. MAKEDEV?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Bond

|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |