Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:09:37 +0100
From:      <adam@adamretter.eclipse.co.uk>
To:        Benjamin Lutz <mail@maxlor.com>, Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atapicam problem

   Thomas, do you think this could be related to the problem I= had with
   atapi_cam slowing my machine down to an unuseable state?

   &n= bsp;

   Thanks Adam.
   On Thu Oct 26 9:18 , Thomas Qui= not sent:

     =0D > Well, I'm having problems with that. I built a new kernel
     with all the=
     =0D > CAM debugging options enabled (otherwise it's GENERIC), but
     this one <= br />=0D > would panic as soon as I load the atapicam
     module if I load it
     = =0D > manually, or as soon as drive detection starts if the boot
     loader load= s
     =0D > it. I've had a look at the dump with kgdb, and it appears
     that a
     =0D > null-dereference happens in line 4205 of sys/cam/cam_xpt.c:
     path2 is <= br />=0D > NULL.
     =0D
     =0D OK, sorry for the delay, can you apply the attached patch and
     try again?
     =0D
     =0D Thomas.
     =0D