Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 11:11:10 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ZFS Recommendations for a new server

Hi!

I am setting up a new server and would like to migrate to FBSD 10 and ZFS.
I have no experience with either so asking for some guidance. Our
experience has been mostly on FBSD 8 and 9 on UFS.

The new server has a 2 x 1TB RE4 3ware 9650SE RAID and I have friends that
tell me is actually better to use ZFS RAID instead of HW RAID1. Is this
true? Why so?

I will ask this on the EzJail list as well but are there any things to
watch out for using EzJails on FBSD 10.0-RELEASE and ZFS ?? We are heavy
users of EzJail.

Many thanks in advance,

Alejandro Imass