Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 06:13:05 -0700
From:      Graeme Tait <graeme@echidna.com>
To:        Woody Carey <carey@roguewave.com>, questions@freebsd.org, andriss@andriss.com
Cc:        info@boatbooks.com
Subject:   Re: SCSI drive mirroring question

I've used dd successfully to replicate a drive to an identical drive, and
it may well be much faster than file-by-file methods, depending on what
is on the drive to be copied (in particular, how full the drive is). BTW,
I believe this also copies any boot record, etc.

But this was with the source drive mounted read-only. What would happen
if dd was used to copy a live filesystem, and when the system
wrote a given file, data was written both before and after the current
read point for dd?

--
Graeme Tait - Echidna