Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:12:41 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best X Windows Manager for Newbies

On Monday 17 September 2001 20:06, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> I've tried XFce, Chip, and you're right about its performance.
> However, I think that XFce depends on the GTK+ libraries.

Okay, so is that a bad thing? I don't know what the significance of that is.

> I know that GTK themes can be applied to XFce.

I haven't tried that. I use my machine to get things done, not for play. As
long as it does what I want it to, fine, I don't need a lot of eye-candy.
Being able to use themes is not important to me. I know it is to some people,
and that's just fine too.

I don't understand what this all has to do with the subject of a window
manager that is easy for newbies to use. Does it matter if it uses GTK+?
--
Chip