Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:25:18 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?

--Sig_/bNKV2c8Kvqiy.LuR0izVO=8

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 22:23:15 +0100
Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk> articulated:

> I think we have to wait for somebody to write a Skype clone and
> hopefully MS taking over Skype will provide the impetus (MS will drop
> the linux port as soon as they can).

Yes, more FUD. No one, including the OP has ever produced a single
shred of proof that Microsoft would discontinue support for operating
systems other than its own. While it certainly has every legal right to
do so, it would be counter productive to seriously entertain that
notion. While they would most likely would not produce any binaries
specific to FreeBSD, but then again, no one else ever did either,
supplying binaries for Linux would certainly be advantageous. The frame
work is all ready in place and there does not appear to be any movement
or reason to disassemble it

A simple check on the business model of "Skype" in
Microsoft's software arsenal would lead one to the conclusion that
continuing Skype support/development on non-Windows operating systems
was advantageous. No one has come forth with a suitable thesis to
dispute those facts although the usual "sky is falling" from the usual
naysayers is still prevalent.

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
jerry+fbsd@seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.