Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:13:43 +1030
From:      "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Onboard GigE on ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

Hello,

My ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe has an onboard GigE NIC:

Marvell 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit LAN controller

I have installed 5.3-RELEASE from an installation CD, and the supplied
GENERIC kernel does not seem to detect it.  Shouldn't the sk driver
handle this NIC?

Does anyone else have this motherboard?  (I am starting to regret the
purchase, as I am still struggling with the Silicon Image SATA RAID
controller.)

--=20
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/