Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:44:45 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>, freebsd-libh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: packaging base

--jL2BoiuKMElzg3CS

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:26:33PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Antoine Beaupre wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 24 avril 2002, a 11:12 , Mike Meyer a ecrit :
> > > Your simple shell script has to prompt for floppies. That needs UI
> > > code. The people who know have decided that the current UI code isn't
> > > up to snuff. Hence libh.
> >=20
> > Come on.. The current package system and sysinstall are quite good at
> > prompting for a simple yes/no question. The issue is really not there, I
> > think.
>=20
> Actually, the prompting is problematic.  All such questions should,
> by definition, be front-loaded.  Otherwise, you have to babysit the
> installation process, which is never a good thing.

Agreed in principle; however, in this particular case - prompting
for floppies - it would be kind of hard to insert all the floppies
before the start of the installation (cue good ol' "it doesn't fit!"
stories ;)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.

--jL2BoiuKMElzg3CS

--jL2BoiuKMElzg3CS--