Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:06:32 +0100
From:      "Paul Cocker" <paul.cocker@fph-tr.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot make from CD-ROM

New to BSD and Unix in general, so be gentle :)

Trying to make XFree86=
-4.  Mounted CD-ROM using command "mount /cdrom" and then CD'd to /usr/po=
rts/x11/XFree86-4  Once there used make command, only for FreeBSD to try =
(and fail) to access the net due to proxy authentication failure.  Since =
I don't believe FreeBSD supports NTLM authentication (or does it?) I wish=
 to do this via the CD-ROM... how can I make it access it?

I confirmed=
 that the CD-ROM had indeed been mounted to /cdrom as the instructions sa=
y it should.

Paul
PLEASE NOTE:
This e-mail message is c=
onfidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the indi=
vidual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended rec=
ipient, please accept our apologies; do not disclose, copy or distribute =
information in this e-mail or take any action on reliance of its content.=
 To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us th=
at the message has been sent to you in error before deleting it. Thank yo=
u for your co-operation.