Date:      Tue, 24 May 2005 12:00:55 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Top only showing one active CPU on HTT system

--nextPart3760944.oqcKLXEcye

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 10:59, Tim Kellers wrote:

> The acpi_load=3D"YES" in /boot/loader.conf might do the trick.

Actually, it turns out that I have to set machdep.hyperthreading_allowed=3D=
1=20
for HTT to work now.

Speaking of which, is that tunable documented anywhere besides the HTT=20
security PR?  It's not in the 5.4-STABLE /usr/src/UPDATING or anyplace else=
=20
I've looked, so I was more than a bit surprised to find that such an=20
important default was changed without much notice.  I imagine a lot of=20
people read the PR much as I did: "blah, blah, theoretical, doesn't affect=
=20
me, next message"...
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser