Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 02:32:18 -0400
From:      "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us, terry@lambert.org, rcarter@consys.com, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cluster Computing in BSD

   Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 20:04:47 -0700
   From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>

   We can debate all the various different models of load-sharing
   which might, in academic terms, be termed "clustering" but it
   nonetheless misses the point.  True clustering, if the variety
   which FreeBSD really needs (IMHO), is distinguished by one
   principle characteristic: Total transparency.

   None of the mechanisms being discussed here are even remotely close
   to that.

So why don't you guys do a port of FreeBSD to a 128 processor Origin
2000?  NUMA is pretty transparent last time I checked ;-)