Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:13:24 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS management

>Just a general question on what tools people are using out there to manage
>many class C networks dns servers and domain names. We are using BIND but
>are looking for tools that can more easily generate reports of what machines
>use what ips, and other such things. How about an sql backend that I could
>query.

For BIND8, most shops big enough to have many class C's roll their
own database backends and consider them proprietary advantages.

For BIND9, this will be easier since 9.1 will have prototype database
interface with postgres as the sample implementation.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T9B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways