Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 22:40:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@smarter.than.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /dev/lpt0: Device not configured

Okay, stupid question time. :)

I'm running -CURRENT, CVSuped and built a few days ago.

dmesg reports:
lpt0 at 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port

Relevant kernel config line:
device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr

Boot-time kernel config confirms that the device is enabled.

Attempting to cat to /dev/lpt0 results in "/dev/lpt0: Device not
configured", and lptcontrol fails with a similar error message.

What'd I manage to break, and how do I fix it?

--
Brian Buchanan                                      brian@smarter.than.nu

Never believe that you know the whole story.