Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:24:33 +0000
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <charlespeters@tecpro.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem Gateway to Allow Shared Access to ISP?

I would like to allow users on a novell 3.12 network to access the internet via a
freebsd gateway, with a 56k modem through our local ISP.

I am currently doing this semi-successfully with a product called Midpoint
Gateway for Windows 95/NT.  The problem is that my users are having one hell
of a time sending and receiving email (WWW access is just great).  There is not
much web browsing, but there is a considerable amount of emailing.  The
Midpoint gateway does not easily allow users to send and receive email (the
setup is confusing and does not work consistantly).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Charles Peters

charlespeters@tecpro.com