Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:49:58 -0500
From:      Paul Sammann <sammanpb@thnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MX record references?

Hello,

I am trying to get email to come to name@example.com but it will only
go to name@mail.example.com ? How do I get it to recognize just example.com?
Do I need to make this reference somewhere else for pop mail to work on this?
When I make references to a new virtual domain it looks like this:
Thank you for any information,
Paul

@    IN    SOA     example.com.      hostmaster.example.com. (
                                        15      ;Serial number
                                        172800  ;Refresh every 2 days
                                        3600    ;Retry every 2 day
                                        1728000 ;Expire every 20 days
                                        172800 )   ;Minimum 2 days
;
           IN      NS              ns.mydomain.com.
           IN      NS              ns2.mci.net.
           IN      MX              5 mail.example.com.
;
localhost  IN      A               127.0.0.1
www        IN      A               200.100.100.10
           IN      MX              10 mail.example.com.
mail       IN      CNAME           mail.mydomain.com.
;